Saturday, October 19, 2013

Trust GOD, Clean House, Help Others

This pretty much sums up my philosophy on life.  It's a slogan I first heard about 20 years ago and I use it often to help keep me grounded in the present moment. Sometimes it's a mental exercise and other times it's an action packed adventure - just like this new path of mine. 

My understanding of GOD today is simply Good Orderly Direction, which probably isn't surprising for a Professional Organizer.  A positive attitude and simple solutions are almost always the best medicine for whatever ails me.  Lately, I've been saying "I trust you GOD. I trust you GOD." over and over again whenever the voices in my head decide to blast me with fear filled messages about this journey.  Last night was pretty emotional for me after I writing about letting go of my books.   I'm not sure exactly why, because I regularly make room for new books on my shelves, but I was really weepy for a while.

Fortunately, I intuitively knew to pick up the phone today and reason things out with someone else and look for the next right action to take, which usually involves laundry or dishes, to readjust my attitude.   That's not to say I never take time to feel my feelings, I'm just understand that more often than not, those feelings are based on unfounded fears rather than facts.

Learning how to be of service to my friends, family & community also helps me tremendously.  Getting out of myself reminds me that I'm not alone and I always feel better after helping someone whether it's lending a helping hand, an open mind or a friendly sounding board.

Even thinking and writing about it now makes me feel better. So, I guess this is a good place to stop for tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment