Monday, July 28, 2014

Still Connected

Well, after finally making the decision to cancel my old 402 phone number, it feels like the Universe is still messing with me.  In last week's Disconnected post, I told you about having to wait after making this decision because Sprint's website was experiencing difficulties.  I tried logging in the next day and got the same message.  So, a few days later I started an online chat with a Sprint rep and was given an 800# to call to cancel the line.  By this time I was getting irritated, which pushed aside any hesitation I had about letting go of this part of my past.  But, when the representative informed me that I'd have to pay $200 to get out of my contract for this phone, a contract that I wasn't supposed to have any more since I'd switched to a Framily Plan, I wasn't amused.  I'm sure this little bit of information is somewhere in the fine print of my new Framily Plan, but it certainly felt like I'd been caught in a Catch 22.  

I know this really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  I just find funny that after all of my vacillating about whether or not to disconnect this number, and finally deciding to let it go, the answer I received was, "Not now."  So, the real opportunity to let go in this situation for me is to let go of my desire to make it happen now and accept, once again, that "It is what it is."  There may be another phone call to Sprint to confirm the information and remind them what "valued" customer I have been for the last decade, but the real work of letting go of my attachment to this phone number has been done.  The process and the emotions it brought up have just been so interesting to me, because it is, after all, just a phone number.  However, it has been a good reminder that there are many side streets on this road to Radical Simplicity, and even something as seemingly insignificant as a phone number can lead me closer to the truth about what is and is not important to me today.


No comments:

Post a Comment