Friday, November 22, 2013

Radio Silence

I don't know if this happens anymore, but "Radio Silence" was when radio stations were asked to stop transmitting for safety or security reasons.  Because my brain decided to stop transmitting intelligible thoughts for the last couple of weeks, it seemed like an appropriate title for this post about my lack of posts.

After my Radical Moving Sale and flurry of activity surrounding the first phase of my move, I needed to safety break from all the emotions and changes and just "be still" for a while.  I knew when I started this journey that there would be many emotions to process as the result all the changes and decided to be gentle with myself and plan to enjoy my entire journey and not just focus on the end of the road.  While I am eagerly anticipating my cross-country move, I continue to practice staying in today and embracing each day here in Omaha.

Unfortunately, the voices in my head didn't head the order for radio silence.  So, I've decided to follow Eminem & Rihanna's advice "get along with the voices inside of my head".  For me that means not taking those voices too seriously and continuing to reason things out with my friends and sharing those thoughts here with you. 

Cartoon courtesy of toothpastefordinner.com.

If you haven't heard Eminem's Song "The Monster" be sure to check it out - I may be "nuts for real" but I think that he's is an amazing lyricist.  The Monster by Eminem ft. Rihanna

"I ain't much of a poet, but I know somebody once told me to seize the moment and don't squander it". ~ Eminem

No comments:

Post a Comment