Friday, December 27, 2013

Extra Energy

Today was a good day.  It was the second day of my juice reboot and I'm really surprised by how much energy I have today.  I even got outside and walked my dog for about 15 minutes.  I drank my last juice of the day (kale, watermelon & blueberries) about an hour ago and still feel energized. 

I read something this afternoon by Joe Cross that caused a slight paradigm shift for me in
how I look at the excess fat on my body.  "Try not to focus on weight loss...that will happen if your body needs to use up the extra energy you might be saving.  Try to stay focused on the health benefits of flooding your system with little packets of sunlight."
 
Despite all of my efforts to change my body and my thinking about my body over the years, I've always felt like food & the fat it created was the enemy.   But, energy is such a positive word and something just clicked in me.  It's not like this is a new concept for me, but with most my life lessons it often takes hearing something I've heard a thousand times before in just the right way at just the right moment.   I finally feel like the fat I've been storing "for a rainy day" is finally working in my favor and supplying me with lots of energy today.   
 
It seems so simple now, but it took me a lifetime to get to this moment and I am excited to see what new insights and clarity comes from this little juicing experiment of mine.  I know letting go of this excess weight is an integral part of this journey to radically simplify my life and hope I feel as energetic tomorrow and in the coming days.  Today it certainly felt like I was walking in the sunlight of the spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment