Monday, January 20, 2014

Traveling Lighter

I dropped another 15 lbs this weekend and it wasn't from juicing.  This time the  weight came from my high school yearbooks - all four of them.  I wrote about this in my post   This Will Go Down on Your Permanent Record when I decided to tear out the pages that I wanted to save and scan them into my computer.  I spent Saturday in my pajamas and finished this project.  Now I can make my own yearbook or video with the people I actually knew (and liked) and the memories I want to keep.  

This is all part of my striving to travel lighter and simplify my belongings.  I've also been scanning more of my son's artwork from elementary school and making sure all of our photographs have been scanned.  I've been working on that project for a few years now and I'm pretty sure most of them are now in my computer, which is backed up through the online service Mozy.com several times each day.  So, if anything happens to my computer, I can always restore the images.  If something happens to the internet, I'll probably won't be too concerned with my family photos because I'll probably be too busy running away from zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment