Friday, February 7, 2014

44 is My Favorite Number Today

Today is the 44th day of my Juice Feast and my scale shows that I've lost 44lbs!  I like the synchronicity of those numbers. I've been considering staying with just juice for a full 60 days and have decided to go for it today.  I have 19 more pounds to go to reach my first goal and that seems easily attainable now.  

When I made a vision board for my weight loss goals back in October, I wasn't sure how I'd reach my first goal of losing  63lbs, but I knew it was time & I was willing to go to any lengths to get back to a healthy weight.  I'm still not comfortable publicizing my starting weight. Maybe that will be easier to share when I'm closer to my final goal.  

Until then I am determined to make the next 44 years of my life fundamentally different than the first 44 years by making healthy food choices a part of every day and every meal.  That doesn't mean I won't ever have a cookie or a cheeseburger.  For me it means practicing conscious eating, choosing minimally processed foods with simple ingredients and making fresh or cooked, organic vegetables the foundation of each meal.  And, of course, fresh fruit & vegetable juice will be a part of each day and I know juicing will always be a healthy way to get back on track if I ever fall of the organic chuck wagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment