Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Simple Pleasures

I'm still juicing (today is day 56) and helping my Omaha clients get organized before I move to Santa Fe in May.  I'm planning to end my juice fast on February 28th, which will make 65 days.  I've lost 52lbs so far and only 11lbs away from my first goal.  Starting March 1st I'll transition back into solid food with a little fruit and salad each day.  Ultimately, I'll be back to eating a balanced breakfast and lunch, and juice during the evenings to help keep the evening munchies at bay.   

Juicing has become a "gateway drug" for me and is leading me down a path to permanent change in my eating habits.  Not just to lose weight, but to heal my body after a lifetime of overeating and filling my body with processed food.  I am nervous about having more choices once I'm done with my juice fast and accept that I will fall off the organic wagon, but I know juicing will always be my ticket for that ride.

I've also set a date for move for the weekend of May 16th and plan to have another garage sale the week before to sell the rest of my furniture anything that won't fit in my car.  Until then, I am helping my Mom manage the remodel of her new apartment, fostering my son's cat Bella and enjoying each day with my friends and clients here in Omaha.

Some of my simple pleasures today are getting these lovely flowers from a lovely friend & juicing new combinations of fruit & vegetables.  I'm still astonished by the pleasure I get from shopping for vegetables for my daily juices & really enjoyed this combo of cherry tomatoes, carrots and orange pepper this afternoon.   I also spent some time with my 21 year old son tonight looking at the artwork I saved from his elementary days.  It such a pleasure to hear him laugh at the poems he wrote for me when he was a little boy.  Now it's time for my other simple pleasure, bedtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment