Saturday, March 1, 2014

The First Bite

I just took my first bite of food since starting a juice fast 65 days ago.  I choose a beautiful, organic Gala apple for distinction.  I'm about half way through the apple and starting to feel full.  That's a good reminder that the next couple of weeks are not going to be like riding a bike.  I'm going to be learning a whole new way of eating that involves less food - better quality, but much less of it.  I think that's the theme of this whole process of simplifying my life - Quality not Quantity.  It's the same thing I tell my clients all the time, and I've been following my own advice in many ways since starting on the radical road of simplifying every aspect of my own life.

I also weighed myself this morning and I've lost a total of 60lbs during my fast.  That number is hard to comprehend and a friend of mine suggested going to the store and lifting to 30lb bags of dog food to let it sink in.  I still have quite a bit of weight to lose, but I'm confident that I can make healthier choices now.  I tested this out yesterday when I went shopping to restock my pantry.  I've been a label reader for a long time now, but having cleaned out my body so well I'm being very cautious about what I purchase to nourish it going forward.  Not everything will be organic, but it will be as minimally processed as possible.  Plus, I'll continue to juice, so vegetables and fruit will be the foundation of my food plan.

I've heard from quite a few people during this time who've been inspired to try juicing and simplify their lives.  For that I am truly grateful.  I feel very inspired myself and more than happy to share that here with all of you.  I woman I work with has been juice fasting for a little over a week and lost 10lbs and I'm getting together this afternoon with a friend to help her start a 2 day fast.  I also have plans to eat some of the greens I'll be juicing later today.  

As I finish typing this post I've eaten the whole apple and I'm almost done drinking a pint of apple/carrot/ginger juice.  I also get to help a client organize her home this afternoon.  Today is gonna be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment