Saturday, October 12, 2013

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

Today I had a lot of help from from my son & a friend's son moving most of my furniture and household goods upstairs to the garage.  Between the 2 of them they had it all done in about 30 minutes.  I had spent the last couple of weeks getting it all organized and boxed up so it could just be picked up and moved upstairs, but they 20-something muscles and stamina made quick work of it all (and they were probably both hung over too!).

Now I get to spend the next few days organizing & pricing everything.  I'm also doing some research on a couple of the items that belonged to my Grandparents - an antique steamer trunk & vintage console radio.  I found a sticker inside the radio with the model number so that makes the process much easier & I was able to find out how much it's worth today and can do some pre-sale advertising on Craigslist to see if I can sell it in the next few days.

 
The busy work of getting ready for the sale seems to be helping me process some of the emotions that are coming up with releasing all of these things.  Most of it is really easy and I'm happy to see it go, especially since a couple of my friends already did some shopping so I know those things went to good homes. 

Cleaning up my Grandparent's things and researching there value made me feel closer to them today and I know that they would be happy know the value of their former belongings and proud of me for taking this journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment