Monday, October 21, 2013

Traveling Companion

This little lady is coming with me to Santa Fe.  I may be embracing a radically simple life, but that doesn't mean that I'm stripping away all of it's little pleasures.  My dear friend Mary gave me this doll that has "Let Go and Let God" stamped on the front & "Serenity" on the back.  Both are good reminders about what is important to me today, but it does seem ironic that I'm keeping something that actually says "let go" on it.  I love dichotomies though and perhaps she will serve as a talisman and bring me good luck on this journey.

My Radical Moving Sale went well this weekend & I got sold or donated about 75% of my furniture, household items & decor.  I met some great people and several of my friends showed up and bought a few of my favorite things.  It makes me happy to know where some of my stuff ended up.  I did have a few rough moments though with the second truckload of donations to Goodwill.  I felt like I was abandoning old friends and worried that they might get broken or thrown away for a few brief moments.  I'm over it now, but at the time I was feeling a little blue about this part of the process.  Today I feel a little lighter & more excited about all of the new adventures that await me here in Omaha & when I get to Santa Fe (not to mention the road trip itself).


Now I'm focused on selling the rest of the big pieces on Craigslist and will be working on scanning another batch of my Mom's family photos.  Two of my Aunts gave me all of my Grandparent's and Great-Grandparents pictures back in May & I've been slowly but surely getting them all scanned, labeled & shared on a family website.  It's been a labor of love and one of the projects I need to complete before my move.  

No comments:

Post a Comment