Monday, October 7, 2013

Radical Simplicity


I didn't consciously set out to ad what I'm calling "Radical Simplicity" to my journey to Santa Fe.  As a Professional Organizer, I am always emphasizing that "Less is More" and asking clients (and myself) to "Eliminate the Nonessential" in their lives. 

Recently, I "stumbled upon" the Becoming Minimalist Facebook page, was introduced to Collin Wright's website Exile Lifestyle where he share's his story as an author, entrepreneur, and full-time traveler, and watched the documentary series Long Way Round about Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman's trek around the world on motorcycles.   Then I made the decision to move to Santa Fe and I think that the juxtaposition of all of these events so close together inspired me to consider the idea of radically simplifying and only take with me what will fit in my car. 

So begins the process of going through all of my belongings.  Even though I'm not planning to move until the spring, I'm going to have a BIG garage sale in a couple weeks before winter sets in and get rid of the majority of my stuff.  I'll be sharing my thoughts, feelings and suggestions as I move through this process.  I can tell you now that some interesting feelings and attachments are revealing themselves as I consider letting go of certain items.  I have a feeling that this process and the next chapter of my life in Santa Fe are going to be very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment