Monday, October 7, 2013

Shan Shui



My earliest memories are of rearranging my bedroom furniture & organizing the silverware drawer.  I grew up believing that I would be an Interior Designer, but in 1997 Oprah hired a Professional Organizer to bring some order to her closet & bathroom, and I had my first "AHA!" moment.  I was in college at the time and convinced my classmates in a Entrepreneurship Class to do our group project on starting a professional organizing service, and my dream of owning my own business became a reality. 

I also began reading about Feng Shui around this time.  I had never heard of Chi or a Bagua map, but I discovered that I had been intuitively arranging furniture to improve the flow of energy in the rooms I redesigned.  I remain an avid student of Feng Shui and continue I apply these principles to my life and clients' homes.

During my first visit to Santa Fe in 1999, my friend Jen graciously allowed me to rearrange her home.  After a few hours of moving things around and some decluttering, she turned to me and exclaimed, "It's been Shan Shui'ed!".  

Sixteen years later, I still love helping people organize & redesign their lives and look forward to doing more of the same in Santa Fe.  



No comments:

Post a Comment