Saturday, October 19, 2013

Today I am especially great-FULL for...


I'm pretty beat after the last 2 days of my Radical Moving Sale and will write more about  that in the next few days.  I only had enough energy to write my daily grat-I-tude list tonight before bed & thought I'd post it here tonight as well.  


I've been typing & sharing a "Baker's Dozen" of grat-I-tude (I type it like this with the hyphens because it reminds me that "I" am centered in gratitude) with a group of friends through email for about 8 or 9 years now.  It has become a daily discipline that always helps me focus on the present moment and the abundance that surrounds me everyday in all areas of my life. 

1.  abundant sunshine
2.  my garage sale is over
3.  two carloads full of all the "little" stuff that didn't sell taken to Goodwill
4.  Devin's help loading the car, taking down the sale signs, hauling trash & arranging the remaining furniture in the garage so we can park in it again
5.  a lady came today because she saw my "Radical Moving Sale" post on Craigslist and wanted to buy a couple of my radical chairs
6.  another friend reminding me that daring to dream & deciding to follow my dream makes it a success
7.  feeling the feelings and putting stuff that didn't sell in the car for donation
8.  several of my friends and one of my client's bought some of my things
9.  enough energy for a quick trip to Whole Foods this evening
10.  knowing I can sell the remainder of my furniture on Craigslist
11.  earmarking some of my sale money for a pedicure tomorrow
12.  becoming more aware of how I spend my money since starting this simplifying process & spending less as a result
13.  ibuprofen

Namaste, Shannon

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.  ~ Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment